Austin, TX residents who want to work as speech pathologists should note that attaining a great education is their first step to success in the endeavor. These days, there are dozens and dozens of academic classes and educational courses that an individual can enroll in for the purpose of acquiring the knowledge necessary to excel in the field. To be sure that you have a thorough understanding of all your academic options, refer to this guide:
List of Elite Programs in Austin,TX
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find your future with a degree in Medical Billing and Coding from Fortis
- Degree offered across 10 campuses in AZ, FL, MD, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX and UT
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis also offers this degree online, for students who need more flexibility
- Be prepared for both office & hospital settings with the latest software systems
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- And more...
Find Accredited Speech Language Pathology Education in Austin, TX
Austin, TX residents who want to work in the speech pathology sector need to attend an accredited learning institution. Accredited learning institutions are those which have undergone a review process designed to ensure that they conform to various academic standards and guidelines. There are several ways to start your search for an accredited institution, but one of the most convenient is an internet search. If you have your own computer with internet access, you can do an online search from the comfort and privacy of your own home. Start by entering a key phrase such as “Austin, TX Accredited Speech Pathology Facilities” into the search engine. You’ll then be able to access the hyperlinks to the websites of accredited learning institutions. When you begin researching the schools, be sure you’re considering important matters like how much you can expect to pay for attendance, what type of on-campus activities will be available to you, and what type of dorm options the institution will offer.
Speech Language Pathology Certification in Austin, TX
To be sure that you can work legally within the speech pathology sector, be sure that you complete the licensure guidelines of the state. First, you need to attain a master’s degree. You will also need to complete a clinical practicum totaling 400 hours. Next, you will need to complete 36 weeks of part-time or full-time professional experience. You’ll also need to pass a designated exam and complete a criminal background check. Additionally, you’ll be required to indicate that you’ve successful completed a jurisprudence exam during the period in which you submit your application. You will also need to successfully complete your jurisprudence exam no longer than 6 months before the date that you submit your application for licensure.
Salaries for Speech Language Pathology Jobs in Austin, TX
Austin, TX residents who are interested in becoming speech pathologists can expect to earn about $78,000 each year.
List of Speech Language Pathology Programs in Austin, TX
There is one speech pathology program in Austin, TX that you can enroll in:
Texas State University-San Marcos