Going to school to become a speech pathologist is an exciting endeavor. Although there are many things you’ll need to do to facilitate long-term career success, you should always start out by getting a good education. These days, there are a wide range of speech pathology colleges in and around the Jacksonville, FL area. With this idea in mind, you may think the process of locating the ideal learning institution will be an arduous task. But it doesn’t have to be! By simply reading the brief yet thorough outline we’ve provided below, you can get the background information necessary to make an informed decision regarding which school to attend:
List of Elite Programs in Jacksonville,FL
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find your future with a degree in Medical Billing and Coding from Fortis
- Degree offered across 10 campuses in AZ, FL, MD, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX and UT
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis also offers this degree online, for students who need more flexibility
- Be prepared for both office & hospital settings with the latest software systems
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- And more...
Train for the real-world skills that help you launch a successful technology or healthcare career with a degree, or diploma from Florida Career College.
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
About City College
Since 1984, City College, a private not-for-profit university, has been dedicated to providing a hands-on, practical and relevant college education to students in Florida and online. Our mission is to educate and train students in their chosen major, in preparation for employment in specific career fields. Whether you are a recent high school graduate, an adult thinking about returning to college, or a military veteran seeking a new civilian career, the City College Office of Admissions will help you make the right choice for your unique situation and begin a rewarding new career.
We offer our students an atmosphere of caring and respect. At City College you’re not just a student, you’re family.
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Assisting
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Office Admin/Billing and Coding
Find Accredited Speech Language Pathology Education in Jacksonville, FL
Jacksonville, FL residents who are ready to get a first class education should know the key to success is attending an accredited institution. Accreditation is important because it ensures that the classes you take are in conformance with academic guidelines. When you’re ready to start the search for the ideal Jacksonville, FL school, you can go online to expedite the process. To get started, be sure to enter a key search phrase such as “Locate Accredited Speech Pathologist School In Jacksonville, FL.” Your next task will be to start analyzing the information offered on the individual educational websites. There will likely be a lot of factors for you to consider, including how much you’re willing to spend to earn your degree as well as whether you want to live on or off campus. Because you will likely have a plethora of questions, it may be a good idea to get on the phone with one of the learning institution’s customer service representatives or admissions counselors. They should be able to provide you with the wisdom and guidance necessary to determine whether a specific school would be appropriate for you.
Speech Language Pathology Certification in Jacksonville, FL
Jacksonville, FL residents who are ready to get licensed in order to work within the state should complete the following steps:
1. Earn your master’s degree.
2. Complete 300 hours of a clinical practicum.
3. Complete 9 months of part-time or full-time work.
4. Pass the Educational Testing Service Praxis Series Examination.
5. Complete a class on both acquired immune deficiency syndrome and HIV.
6. Complete a two-hour CEC related to medical error prevention.
Salaries for Speech Language Pathology Jobs in Jacksonville, FL
Jacksonville, FL residents who are ready to work as speech pathologists should note that they can expect to bring in about $77,000 each year.
List of Speech Language Pathology Programs in Jacksonville, FL
Florida Atlantic University
Florida International University
Florida State University
Nova Southeastern University
University of South Florida-Main Campus