A large number of people struggle with language problems every day. They are simply unable to communicate with other people using the language. This might be due to a brain injury, stroke, or other medical and hereditary conditions. A speech pathologist diagnoses and treats people with speech and communication difficulties. The speech therapist is a very highly skilled and educated individual. The job outlook is good for those in this career field.
List of Elite Programs in Louisiana
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find your future with a degree in Medical Billing and Coding from Fortis
- Degree offered across 10 campuses in AZ, FL, MD, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX and UT
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis also offers this degree online, for students who need more flexibility
- Be prepared for both office & hospital settings with the latest software systems
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- And more...
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
Find Accredited Speech Language Pathology Education in Louisiana
In order to enter the career field, the individual should attend an accredited school and acquire a master’s degree. Most people that enter this line of work start out with a masters. The Council on Academic Accreditation is a part of the American Speech Language Hearing Association. They accredit the speech programs. It is important to make sure that the learning institution selected has acquired this designation. There are several in Louisiana.
Speech Language Pathology Certification in Louisiana
All those in this occupation must attend a fully accredited school to receive a license. Those that work in this job usually receive a Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology that is awarded by the American Speech Language Hearing Association. Many employers only hire those that have certification. This standing proves that they have the necessary clinical experience to handle the job.
Salaries for Speech Language Pathology Jobs in Louisiana
The average salary for those in the career continues to rise. The yearly wage is also rising in the Louisiana region. The national average for those in the field is $69,870 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The average yearly pay for someone in this profession in Louisiana is $69, 540. However, there are a number of factors that directly affect the money that is earned. The factors include education, experience, and industry. Another important factor is whether they work full time or part time.
List of Speech Language Pathology Education in Louisiana
Here is a list of sources that teach skills necessary to enter this job working with those that require speech therapy diagnosis and treatment.
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center at New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112
- Louisiana Tech University, Ruston, Louisiana 71272
- University of Louisiana Monroe, Monroe, Louisiana 71209
More Speech Pathology Programs in Louisiana
|SCHOOL NAME||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||FULL ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Louisiana State University||Baton Rouge||(225) 578-3202||Baton Rouge, LA 70803||www.lsu.edu|
|University of Louisiana at Lafayette||Lafayette||(377) 482-1000||104 E University Ave, Lafayette, LA 70504||www.louisiana.edu|
|University of Louisiana at Monroe||Monroe||(318) 342-1000||700 University Ave, Monroe, LA 71209||www.ulm.edu|
|Southern University and A&M College||Baton Rouge||(225) 771-4500||801 Harding Boulevard, Baton Rouge, LA 70807||www.subr.edu|
|Southeastern Louisiana University||Hammond||(985) 549-2000||500 Western Ave, Hammond, LA 70402||www.southeastern.edu|
|Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center - New Orleans||New Orleans||(504) 568-4808||533 Bolivar Street, New Orleans, LA 70112||www.lsuhsc.edu|
|Nicholls State University||Thibodaux||(877) 642-4655||906 East 1st Street, Thibodaux, LA 70310||www.nicholls.edu|
|Louisiana Tech University||Ruston||(318) 257-2000||305 Wisteria St, Ruston, LA 71272||www.latech.edu|
|Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center - Shreveport||Shreveport||(318) 675-5408||1501 Kings Hwy, Shreveport, LA 71103||www.lsuhscshreveport.edu|