There’s nothing quite as exciting as knowing your career goals and setting out to accomplish them. If your professional objective is to become a speech pathologist, you should know that earning an exceptional education will help you excel in your career field of choice. To get started, it’s important to recognize that Miami, FL and surrounding cities offer a plethora of educational classes, training programs, and certification options. To learn more about the options available to you, review the information that appears below:
List of Elite Programs in Miami,FL
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant
- Bachelor of Science in Sports Medicine and Fitness Technology
- Associate of Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant
- And more...
Find Accredited Speech Language Pathology Colleges in Miami, FL
When you’re ready to start looking for the ideal Miami, FL school, you need to search for one that is accredited. There are many ways to get this process started. If you’re familiar with the world of internet research, you can do a keyword search using a phrase such as “Locate Miami, FL Accredited Speech Pathology Programs.” These days, there are a wide range of options available to you. One thing to keep in mind is that your choice for a school is not confined to a traditional campus. In fact, there are a plethora of courses that you can take online to work towards earning your degree. Also note that you may be able to earn your degree by doing a combination of online and offline coursework. In the end, the decision you make should be predicated on what’s most convenient for you as well as which options are comparable to your current budget.
If you wish to work as a speech pathologist in Miami, FL, you will need to conform to the state’s guidelines and regulations for licensure:
1. Attain a doctoral or master’s degree (in a subject that places emphasis on speech-language pathology
2. Complete a clinical practicum (this must total 300 hours)
3. Complete 9 months of full or part time professional experience
4. Pass the state approved exam
5. Take and pass a course that covers HIV as well as acquired immune deficiency syndrome
6. Complete a continuing education course that relates to preventing medical errors
Salaries for Speech Language Pathology Jobs in Miami, FL
Miami, FL residents who want to start working as speech pathologists can expect to bring home about $79,000 each year. Note that realities such as how long you’ve been employed and your job performance can impact your annual salary.
List of Speech Language Pathology Programs in Miami, FL
Florida International University